Where did you get that hat?

Several students (and colleagues) have asked me what on earth I am dressed up as in the photo that appears on this blog.
The answer is that when I went to Buenos Aires with the Glasgow party we flew down for a little holiday at a campo a couple of hundred miles from BA. We rode a great deal (well, not Prof. J, obviously!) and in recognition of my riding skill I was presented with a complete gaucho kit, including this hat. I was very proud of this and although some people were unkind about it at least Jennie thinks it's fetching and wants me to wear it whenever we go to Auchtermuchtie!

2 comments:

Tony said...

Gervase, this may be an authentic gaucho outfit but you look a COMPLETE idiot in that hat and I can't think why Jenny likes it.
Will you email me and let me know if you can both come over for Lukey's 21st in July? We'll probably have it somewhere in the East, the Catskills maybe.
Love from C and me.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you look SO cute!
Love
Miranda S